jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the Standards for Drinking Water.

1. skgrao profile image72
    skgraoposted 8 years ago

What are the Standards for Drinking Water.

Like Chemicals,Hardness,Color etc

2. profile image50
    Melanie1967posted 8 years ago

check out the World Health Organisation- WHO site- it provides extensive precise information to answer your question

3. natureheals profile image81
    naturehealsposted 8 years ago

Water that is safe to drink will not contain harmful chemicals like pesticides and heavy metals.  Microorganism such as parasites and harmful bacteria has to be eliminate as well.  The cleaned water will have no color. Color occurs from dissolved solids in the water. So it is better have no color and no smell. Only distilled water have no taste but other cleaned water may have some taste left to it. Depends on the source of water and how it is treated.  Chemicals such as iodine and cholrine maybe used in water for disinfection purpose, there might be some taste of it left, too.. like tap water, for example.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Find-the-best-s … king-water

4. maryspeller profile image77
    maryspellerposted 8 years ago

I have just written a Hubpage on drinking water. Have a look and check out the links I have provided. Hope it helps!

5. ARSHAD MAJID profile image79
    ARSHAD MAJIDposted 8 years ago

My hub also provides information about the standards for drinking water. It even has the link of the page over WHO site which states the guidelines for drinking water.

Closed to reply