jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why Are Japanese Able To Live Longer Than Other People?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why Are Japanese Able To Live Longer Than Other People?

2. edguider profile image66
    edguiderposted 8 years ago

I Believe it is their diet. What they eat is much different than other cultures and it involves allot of fish

3. febriedethan profile image78
    febriedethanposted 8 years ago

Hi..Japanese People love to have miso soup in their diet. They believe the soup could help them live longer. Beside, Japanese people  eat a little carbohydrate and fresh ingredients.

Please check my hub http://hubpages.com/hub/the-secrets-beh … east-asia. Hope it could helps.

4. VampireAlice profile image56
    VampireAliceposted 8 years ago

Because the eat more fish then we americans do.

5. roxxxy42 profile image58
    roxxxy42posted 7 years ago

For one thing they eat a lot of fish. Fish of course if omega three and full of the right oils. And they also eat a lot of stuff from the sea.I know they eat raw fish which is not my thing and lots of greens which is my thing. I have heard they also eat seaweed but maybe not thats to much for me to believe but maybe they wrap their food in seaweed. Makes sense to me.

6. Anolinde profile image87
    Anolindeposted 7 years ago

Fish, seaweed (and not just "nori" - the kind that's wrapped around sushi, but also kelps and various other kinds like wakame, mozuku and kombu), tofu (and other soy products such as okara and miso), and fresh vegetables.

7. MariaRosanna profile image58
    MariaRosannaposted 6 years ago

A healthy diet, serene lifestyle (nice and easy does it!), daily spiritual practice, strong family ties and a good social network are among the factors that contribute the longer life expectancy of the Japanese.

working