jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

can nuts make me fat

1. profile image43
    margueritefreeposted 8 years ago

can nuts make me fat

how many nuts can i eat before i gain weight

2. hublim profile image79
    hublimposted 8 years ago

Nuts are a great source of nutrients for your body but with all things, too much are bad for you.

Typically a portion of nuts would be a handful.

You really want to balance out the relatively high calorie content against the nutritional benefits of eating nuts.

It’s wise to stay away from salted or roasted nuts; the processing has a negative effect on their nutritional benefits.

3. betsieboo77 profile image60
    betsieboo77posted 8 years ago

Right, a handful would be about a serving. Keep it natural with a plain, unsalted version. Most cans of nuts are loaded with sodium. Almonds are a great choice, they are full of vitamins, help you feel full and even improve memory, so eat up!

4. profile image45
    t maybeposted 8 years ago

It's good in modration---unsalted.....nuts actually lower bad cholesterol. and improve good cholesterol..always check with your doctor.. It's a good source of protein... better than process junk food..

5. profile image51
    soumya singhposted 8 years ago

depends on the amount you have, as long as u are not exceeding your daily enegry requirement and burning up all the excess energy for that day it doesnt matter.
    generally nuts are good sources of fats, (the good fats) and other nutritients . few examples walnuts omega 3, brazil nuts selenium ( just three per day will meet your recommended levels), but avoid cashews if you have high cholesterol.
    on a daily basis just a handfull should be enough.
    try to have them with seeds for a an overall good protein, good fats and fiber.
    hope this is of some help
    stay healthy