i am recovering addict,quit suboxone without side effects, normal?

1. profile image48
    nananneposted 8 years ago

i am recovering addict,quit suboxone without side effects, normal?

2. profile image48
    No-Airposted 6 years ago

I know you posted this almost 2 years ago but I had wondered the same thing when I quit. I had absolutely no problem and no withdrawals. I had taken it for over a year straight with instructions from my doctor to take 2 8mg tablets/film everyday. I had never tapered off because my doctor wasn't involved in my decision to quit. I was quite literally tired of taking it. So I woke up one day and just didn't. I knew I would feel fine for 2 or 3 days before withdrawals from sub would hit me so i kept my remaining pills handy at all times so that if or when it became  unbearable, I would just take it...but that day never came. I couldn't believe it. I waited and waited but each day I felt nothing and was no different. It had been 7 months since I stopped taking it where I never felt any withdrawals but started to think about self medicating with oc for my bipolar and ADD. My medications just don't seem to do the job so I always end seeking an opiate to relieve my mental illness symptoms. I have bad back pain from a fall over 15 years ago which had first introduced me to the world of opiate living. Pain pills I found out instantly relieved me of almost all of my mental illness sufferings. I wish the medical field would research the reasons and then incorporate it into finding better mental illness medications. I want to also mention that after 7 months of stopping sub, I wasn't craving or itching for an opiate nor did I want to get high. In fact, I don't really think I ever got high to be honest when taking them. They just seemed to alleviate my mental illness sufferings. After the 7 months, my bipolar started triggering and that is when I decided to talk to my doctor and get back on sub treatment for fear of me seeking an opiate when my bipolar acted up leaving me not in the best position to be clear minded and make good choices and decisions. I guess you would say I started taking sub again as a prevention method. I'm sorry if this is such a long and drawn out answer. I hadn't intended to babble. I guess my point is that I never withdrew physically or started to crave for an oc. The fact though that my bipolar started to trigger which led me to start thinking about self medicating with opiates again could be directly related to me stopping the suboxone. Who knows. It's hard to tell with mental illness which comes first...the chicken or the egg.

working