Hello - I am a recovering Heroin/oxy/opiate addict. I was on one form of an opi

1. profile image47
    inrecoveryposted 7 years ago

Hello - I am a recovering Heroin/oxy/opiate addict.  I was on one form of an opiate or another...

for the last 15 years.  Nothing could stop me not even jail.When I decided to get my life back I found a great doctor who was understanding, knowledgable and got me on the road to recovery and on suboxone.  It took 3 years to get off suboxone, but it was a managed reduction under supervision of my doctor.  I have now been totally clean off all drugs for the last 5 years and have turned my life around.  I am now an extremly successful businessman, I run online and offline business', I am married and own my own home as well as a number of investment homes. Now I have decided its my time to give

2. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image79
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 7 years ago

Good for you!! I am a recovered Oxy/heroin addict and am still on suboxone (5yrs). I have no desire to ever stop taking Suboxone. As far as I am concerened the drug works great, it is my safty net, and is managed by a doc.
    On Suboxone, I am married, just recieved my associates in science and am working on my BS. I believe I have found the middle. Meaning, on drugs = usless, No medication or drugs = head problems that lead back to on drugs.
    Some believe that you are not clean unless you are not on anything, I disagree.....
    But Good 4 U

3. Jamie Brock profile image93
    Jamie Brockposted 7 years ago

Dear inrecovery (and also FrankiesGirl6year).. thank you for sharing this.  Without getting into too much detail, I just want to say I can relate to what you've written here and I am so very happy for you and what you have shared gives me and I am sure several others great hope.