Are we ready to build safe and clean nuclear power plants?

1. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 8 years ago

Are we ready to build safe and clean nuclear power plants?

Providing the incentives to make clean enegy profitable alsoff means building a new generation of safe, clean, nuclear power plants. It also means to ask the tough question: 'Are they really safe?' I was a teenager living on the border of Ukraine when Chernobyl disaster occured and I am still living with a reminder of that time. It is hard to believe in safe nuclear power but is there any alternative?

2. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

France gets about 80% of its power from nuclear plants.  For years.  Safely.  I assume the "we" in the question is the U.S. or England.  Those countries are too much influenced by wacko, scientifically illiterate greenies.  And, those greenies are probably secretly funded by big oil, coal, and gas companies.

3. searchfortruth profile image63
    searchfortruthposted 6 years ago

I don't know where the funding issues come in, but I believe that with the tech we are coming into these days it is more probable that we CAN maintain a nuclear facility.  We have many choices and they all come with a price, environmental, economic, or political, but a rice none the less.  It is proven that the way we run our oil industry DOES NOT work.  If it were overhauled and re-thought, then maybe, but it is the way it is.  Fossil fuel is that of the past and is doing more harm to our economic growth than good at this point.  I believe it is time to look at new, or revisit the old, technologies and work toward a more cost-effective energy use.