jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to get over a stomach virus

1. RGraf profile image91
    RGrafposted 8 years ago

How to get over a stomach virus

2. megs78 profile image62
    megs78posted 8 years ago

Hey RGraf!  I sure hope you're not suffering the stomach flu right now, because we are in this household and it has been hell.  So far only 2 of 5 family members have had it and I am trying my best to keep it that way.  What I do is I disinfect and clean as much as possible.  Sheets, pillowcases, blankets from the infected one are washed daily until the bug is gone.  I know its a lot of work, but I think it is worth it if it means no one else will catch it.  I also designate a place for the sick one.  For example, the loveseat has been my daughters spot for 3 days and I have covered it with a blanket and sheet so that I can wash it if I need to.  No one else goes there and my daughter only stays there.  We wash hands continually and keep doorknobs, flushers, taps etc, all clean.  And to try and stop a night-time puke fest, I usually give the kids (sick kids) gravol before bed.  This has worked for me very well.  I hope this helps.

3. profile image47
    Nubeyenposted 8 years ago

Go to you tube and type in, Heal yourself from HIN1- The Swine flu.

Queen Tiye, gives good advice on how to get rid of all illiness using self

Good luck.

4. profile image0
    Dave Tuskposted 8 years ago

This may sound stupid to a lot of people, but drinking ginger ale always worked for me.  Lots of ginger ale.  No ice.  Make sure it is room temp.  Good luck.

5. H P Roychoudhury profile image50
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

A virus can enter to stomach either through air by nostril or through mouth during eating food. Inside our stomach there occurs body secretions from different glands such liver and others so as to digest the food materials and kill other micro germs. But if a virus survives by resisting the effects of stomach acids, the different body organs get affected and get disturbed in their normal functions as a result inflation such as fever, cough or other out- ward symptoms etc are appeared to be visible. To get over stomach virus it is required to avoid going to a smelly or polluted area and also to take care in eating good digestible pure cooked food and always avoid spoiled or rotten smelly food.

6. hotwebideas profile image75
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

These are good answers. Both my wife and daughter had upset stomachs and vomiting this weekend. It was all around me LOL. - Your answers really help!

working