i want to go natural and do the big chop but i want it to be curly so what shoul

1. profile image43
    tinartylerposted 8 years ago

i want to go natural and do the big chop but i want it to be curly so what should i do

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 8 years ago

You might want to add some details to this. Curlers can help, but sleeping in them can be a pain, and really keep you from getting a good night's sleep. You can get a perm and if you're careful, you can keep it for a long time... my mom still has a perm from two years ago... I have no idea how she does it though. Going natural can save your hair, because if you use too much product, your hair can literally fall out or try stringy. If you want curl, my friend Miranda uses shampoo for curly hair and it makes her hair wavy.

3. manic monday profile image59
    manic mondayposted 8 years ago

There are a lot of products out here that will encourage your hair to curl. You have to experiment and see what works for your hair texture and type. I did the big chop exactly one year ago, and I used a few products from Garnier that were pretty good. If your hair is naturally on the dry side, you want to keep it moist to prevent breakage. I also used a curl activating gel that worked well on my hair. If your hair is dry, try to avoid products with a lot of alcohol, this will dry it out even more. You could also look into a straw set, depending on how short you are trying to go. I also used a leave in conditioner which seemed to curl my hair up.