jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are some top home remedies to exterminate mice?

1. Lady LaShonda profile image76
    Lady LaShondaposted 8 years ago

What are some top home remedies to exterminate mice?

I've tried just about everything on the market and internet to rid myself of mice. It seems like the more I fight the battle, the smarter they become. They have become immune to the plug in devices and to oil of peppermint. I want these mice to go away. They won't even go onto the sticky pads. Other than sticky pads and the old fashioned mouse traps, what home chemical can be used to kill mice? All answers are appreciated.

2. SEO IT! profile image81
    SEO IT!posted 8 years ago

Not a chemical -- but cats. We have a mouser here that catches mice outside and he doesn't even have front claws. Get a cat or two or even borrow a couple of good mousers.

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

I like using my hammer but my wife hates the mess!

4. profile image43
    LovieBunnieposted 8 years ago

Get a cat!!  Best thing for a mouse problem.

5. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 8 years ago

i had a mouse in my house yrs ago, but didin't have the $$$ 2 buy a trap. i simply kept all crums swept up & kept the sinks & such dry. i basically starved it out

6. ddsurfsca profile image73
    ddsurfscaposted 8 years ago

Place the sticky and other traps against the walls, for they travel in the same ways every time they go from one place to another.   Also secure all holes that they can get in from the outside, around the pipes under the sinks, and pack all of these with pieces of insulation very tightly.  Make sure all windows and doors have screens.
    It is important to get this under control, for they pee in their (your)food to mark it.  I would suggest putting all cereals, and open foodstuffs into the refridgerator.  Also do not leave dogfood down where they can get into it.  If you remove their food they will look for it elsewhere.  If you use the old fashion traps, use peanut butter or snickers for bait.  If you have ivy or heavy shrubs outside near doorways, this makes easy access.  If you resort to using poison, make sure that your pets do not get into it, and only put it outdoors for they will die inside and smell badly.  Decon is the best you can get outside of a pest control man.  It is sweet grain that makes them thirsty, and they drink water and explode internally.  Hope I have helped.  My whole family worked as pest control people.

7. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 7 years ago

shotgun smile

working