Mind over matter is an interesting subject to me, can you tell me more about it?

1. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Mind over matter is an interesting subject to me, can you tell me more about it?

2. JoFox profile image57
    JoFoxposted 7 years ago

Jane, thanx for asking me about mind over matter. I think of it as the ability to use your mind.to overcome pain, gain peace, serenity, etc. For me, it started just a few years ago when I purchased a book called The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne. Simply put, it mostly pushes the idea that whatever you want you can get by believing that if you can see it in your mind you can have it in reality, Mostly it didn't work for me to get the money, the house, etc that I thought I wanted. But the chapter on healing pain did work for me. At the time, I was suffering from a pinched siatica nerve which sent extruciating pain down my leg. I started repeating to myself "The pain in my hip and leg are gone, thank you, thank you."  In less that a half hour the pain was completely gone. I have used this method when I get bad arthritic pain, or when the siatica acts up. I even use it to control my tendency toward high blood pressure   I am somewhat amazed at how quickly my body reacts to this method. I hope this is helpful or at least interesting to you. Jo

3. Support Med. profile image75
    Support Med.posted 7 years ago

I would like to add that mind over matter, also means exercising your ability to overcome the things you think are impossible.  Such as described by JoFox (in regards to ones health) and also ones everyday life in general.  Whether it is obtaining a better job, keeping peace at the one you may have, even to the point of obtaining a raise on that job.  However, we must not forget to examine ourselves when more income is desired as we may have other talents and/or hobbies which can bring in more income (especially since the economy is what it is now and even when it is great!).  The minds' awareness should not be limited and we must physically explore all options available that are positive. If going back to school, physically (for example) is not possible for whatever reason, one can now go to school online. Explore/do the work necessary, as well as 'affirm' the desired outcome.

working