The mechanics of diseased demons.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 13 years ago

If you believe demons can cause sickness and disease just exactly how do they do it? Please offer ideas in terms of medical pathology. For example are they capable of injecting bacteria into our bodies, mutating viruses, manipulating our biochemistry, or tinkering with DNA? If so them precisely how?

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What kind of trouble are you stirring up, DH? hehe.
      Been a minute, hope all is well. ~James.

Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi TOD, long time no speak. How are you?

I posted this because I keep seeing hubs where people big up demons. I'ts as if some part of the church is stuck in medieval Europe.

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are asking a question and still giving directions as to how you want it to be answered.

Therefore you are already determining how and what the answer would be /say.

Therefore you are the knowledgeable teacher not trying to find out but trying to teach.

So may I ask you what is the link between the Spiritual world and the material world. if there be a link?

We link with the spiritual world through prayer and God's indwelling spirit. You can form a case from the NT that satan can influence a man's thoughts but this cannot be shown from the OT. As for satan afflicting a sickness then no as every sickness and infirmity has a medical causal path.

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If one is trying too understand you, I believe this is what they would be asking?

What do you mean when you say prayer,what is it and how does that occur?

I think most understand it as talking to God using words we understand, sometime with thought and sometimes without thinking, in this case it is mere repetitious....
          Is it that you mean?

And the indwelling of the Spirit.

What is that? do you mean the spirit comes into the physical body?

Should we expect that to happen when we pray?
          How can one know he is indwelled with such a Spirit?

And unless those two critrion are fulfilled are we then not linking the Spiritual and the material?

Can you give such one answers he can use to his good benefit?

Having looked at your profile very quickly I think you understand the meaning of prayer and being filled with God's spirit. wink

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
              Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Viewing spirituality from a one-sided, written in med evil time from NT and OT book of an ancient spirituality.  Is one way of seeking spiritual growth?

I think you’re greater than that Disappearinghead.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Do you believe in mind over matter?  The mind is a powerful thing.  If someone thinks they are posed by a demon, then I'm sure illness will soon follow.  Its the power of the mind.  Their bodies will become twisted.  Why?  Because it what their minds perceive it to be.  If a person believes in something strong enough, I believe it will happen.  If you think your going to be sick, if you will yourself to be sick, or if you want to be sick.... watch out, pretty soon you are going to find yourself sick.  Sick with the flu, sick with the common cold, or sick with something. 

As for myself, I've had positive experiences that have to do with mind over matter, like;

There were times last year when I felt like I might be getting sick, for "real" sick, only to tell myself that I do not have time to get sick.......  Which I didn't.  I was in college, working at the hospital and raising a family to boot.  I simply could not afford the luxury of getting sick last winter. So I told myself that I couldn't.  To ignore the nagging sore throat, and to forget about the lower pains in my back.  The next day I felt better.  Needless to say, I got a perfect attendance award when I graduated. 

I think if someone thinks a demon is inside of them........, well then I think they've got better fish to fry.  I mean, what's not sick about that?  That's mind over matter exorcists style.wink

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

chronic anxiety can make one ill

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes it can.

Stress is another illness that has a tendency to age people.  Its also been known to make people ill, and can even make people break out into sores and stuff.

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stress makes every part of the body work harder.

Which lowers your immune system.
             A tired organ is more susceptible to all kinds of bad stuff going wrong.

A negative attitude actually can change the electromagnetic field in your body.

I didn't know that.  But it makes total sense.  I personally think if the body is capable of manifesting up sickness on its own, using stored up kinetic energy, then sure......., if someone thinks they are possess by demons, then something bad will take a hold of them. Its goes back to the mind over matter analogy.

Did you know that when we are born our blood cells have a pulse and frequency that generally falls into a very small range. 
                Everything that goes into the blood stream affects that electromagnetic frequency and pulse. This is scientifically proven.

I believe that when we dwell upon the negative or positive aspects of life long enough our attitude is negative or positive and this too affects that electromagnetic balance of our blood cells.

Which affects the condition even more.  This condition continues to spiral either up or down according to what we do to our selves in the things we think and consume.

To me ...This seems to be true.

No, I didn't know this.   I find the human body to be very fascinating.  Thanks for sharing.

I was told these things by the people that was running a test study I was involved in. Being exposed to an electromagnetic field for a half hour calibrates the blood cells closer to what it had been before we altered them by , consuming all harmful substances into our digestive system or intravenously..       
                     I'll say it made me feel 20 years stronger  immediately ...   and better looking to.

Oh thats funny.

But did you really feel better? I wonder why someone hasn't latched onto this.  I mean think about it for a minute; imagine if you will, the Fountain of Youth, next to the Brazilian Tanning bed option, 5 Youths for $29.95.

It be nice if we were capable of laying in a box, coming out looking and feeling better than ever.  Healthier too, that would definitely be a bonus.smile

2. profile image0

there's plenty of extra stress from all the poisons that humans generate too

Some very valid points Baileybear, Jerami and IntimatEvolution.

This was a provocative original post but I notice that there are no bites from those that support the doctrine of demons causing sickness.

1. profile image0

When I suffered from depression, I was told by christians I was "possessed" - I've written about my experience. Of course to be told this kind of crap is very cruel

People get these ideas because they don't want to reason or think for themselves. You wonder if they think they are doing God a favour.

1. profile image0

they get paranoid and believe in curses etc - my mother is a prime example.

Hey, you changed your head

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

That is correct.   every toxin and heavy metals that make it into your blood stream  (at best) causes stress from within.

And many of us knowingly do that to ourselves every day.

And then wonder why we feel the way we do.
      This also causes thinking problems.

I was just thinking!  If I had a thinking problem, would I think that I did?

Good night yawl.   It's 2:07 AM   no   it fell back to 1:07AM
       I think I sleepy; I think I'm thinking right

4. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I lost track of this group doing the study.
    At the time you had to be recommended for the study by a physician.
      I found about this study from a dear old friend of mine.

She was about 80 years old, about 6' 6" and couldn't walk very well when she shared in the study.
       She was telling me that, as she put it,..  My varicose veins went away, her OLD FOLKS warts fell off, she felt great and gained her mobility.
      She died a few years later, but it makes ya wonder what if??

Have you ever had a hang over from having too much "BAD ICE" the night before? 
      The way it was explained to me was that when the alcohol replaces the oxygen molecules in our blood, this is destructive to that electromagnetic field and pulse of our blood cells.

Takes the charge right out of ya when your batteries are low.

OH I almost forgot what i was going to say.

It was a chiropractor that subscribed this treatment.
      I understand that there are many of them furnishes this as a treatment for pain.
       Did I mention that this concept also included the theory that the  condition of the blood  controls our pain tolerance level?

No you forgot to mention that about blood and pain.  You need to write a hub on this.  I'm serious.  I think this is really interesting stuff.  It would need a easy, and short title.  No one ever google searches big long words.  Something like "Magnetic Energy," or "Cell Food...."

I think you'd get a lot of hits.  Sounds like you could write a little series based off your knowledge.smile

Actually I did do a little one the other night,
          Just fooling around,  kicked it out in about a half hour.  Maybe I should expand on it.

"Life is in the blood"  has a different angle on it though..

"What Vampires don't want us to know:  Life is in the Blood."

Teasing of course.lollol

I think you should expand on it.

Thanks   Wasn't thinking about it but I guess I should.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)