jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Could a poor sleeping pattern really effect your body in HUGE way?

1. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

Could a poor sleeping pattern really effect your body in HUGE way?

I recently read that sleeping between the hours of 10pm and 2am are vital for our bodies to repair, heal, and work properly. I thought about this. Last March, I began to stay up late, between 4am and 7am then go to bed. This went on for a few months. I started to feel horrible. I got anxiety attacks, had very poor energy, pain, head aches and was super stressed out. I found myself in and out of the hospital thinking something was terribly wrong with me, but the doctors found nothing wrong. Could my poor sleeping have resulted in my body freaking out in such a matter?

2. profile image53
    tryoneposted 7 years ago

Any lack of sleep will eventually catch up with the body and effect it's operation.

3. aheil profile image60
    aheilposted 7 years ago

Actually it does have an effect on your body. Check out

4. jite profile image38
    jiteposted 7 years ago

ya sure,it will effect the body.nature make night to sleep n day for work,if we go against nature,it will effect.

5. catherine2358 profile image61
    catherine2358posted 7 years ago

Sleep deprivation can have serious effects on your health in the form of physical and mental impairments. Inadequate rest impairs our ability to think, handle stress, maintain a healthy immune system and moderate our emotions. In fact, sleep is so important to our overall health that total sleep deprivation has been proven to be fatal: lab rats denied the chance to rest die within two to three weeks.
    Similarly, the brain's ability to problem solve is greatly impaired. Decision-making abilities are compromised, and the brain falls into rigid thought patterns that make it difficult to generate new problem-solving ideas. Insufficient rest can also cause people to have hallucinations. Other typical effects of sleep deprivation include:
        * depression
        * heart disease
        * hypertension
        * irritability
        * slower reaction times
        * slurred speech
        * tremors.
    Dramatic weight changes, especially weight gain, are also common effects of sleep deprivation. Because the amount and quality of the sleep we get affects our hormone levels, namely our levels of leptin and ghrelin, many physiological processes that depend on these hormone levels to function properly, including appetite, are affected by our sleep.
    Leptin is a hormone that affects our feelings of fullness and satisfaction after a meal, and ghrelin is the hormone that stimulates our appetites. When you suffer from sleep deprivation, your body’s levels of leptin fall and ghrelin levels increase. This means that you end up feeling hungrier without really feeling satisfied by what you eat, causing you to eat more and, consequently, gain weight.

6. profile image52
    Adele Whitneyposted 7 years ago

Yes.  There have been studies that link working 2nd and 3rd shift (so that you sleep during the day and work mostly at night) to shorter life spans.  There is something about "being up when the sun is up" that meshes with our natural body rythym.  Of course, it affects some people different than others, but it sounds like you better stick with traditional sleep patterns.

7. Goodpal profile image90
    Goodpalposted 7 years ago

I have not heard of any thing scientific about sleeping between 10pm and 2am, so would not comment on that. Rather than wasting money on doctors and hospitals, it may be a better idea to try a new technology called brainwave technology. It offers you specially designed audios for inducing sound sleep; is drugless and has no side effects. I try it myself and have found them superb.

I think once you correct your sleeping habits and get 7-8 hours of good night sleep, everything else would fall in line. You can read about it this hub and make your own decision:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Brain-Wave-Entr … -to-Stress

You may also like to read the following article:

Closed to reply