Weight loss question

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. ohfudge profile image61
    ohfudgeposted 13 years ago

Weight loss question

Hey, i'm a teenage boy. Not fat by any means..but I don't fit into the "skinny" category either. 2 or 3 times in the last month, I have went a few days without eating hardly anything and from that I have gained a few "rolls" for lack of a better term in various places..how do I lose this? This may seem like an easy question.."dont eat junk food and exersize" but the thing is, I only gain "rolls" when I dont eat hardly at all..I can eat all the junk food I want and not gain weight..but how do I lose the "rolls" I have? btw I exersize daily.. thanks much in advance.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 13 years ago

Irregular eating will tip your insulin balance, which is what might be causing your 'rolls'.
    Eat three times a day at regular intervals. If you find yourself feeling hungry between meals, fill the gap with fresh fruit or raw vegetables.
    And even if junk food doesn't make you gain weight, it is nevertheless important to eat healthily.

3. mixfitness profile image61
    mixfitnessposted 13 years ago

It may seem crazy, but you have to eat to lose weight aka "rolls" which is just fat.  Going days without eating harding anything is sabotage to any weight loss plan.

4. ratnaveera profile image60
    ratnaveeraposted 13 years ago

You can get slim body by avoiding bad habits like frequent eating of snacks and food. Avoid getting sleep during day time. Try to follow the quantity of food that actually required by your body. You may be taking food little more than that actually required by your body. You have to find that by experimenting yourself. The other tips are doing mild body exercises, taking green tea, good sleeping at night times, taking adequate quantity of food enriched with vitamin A like fish and carrot.

5. hutchy-rants profile image60
    hutchy-rantsposted 13 years ago

First things first - You need to stop starving your body... This will not help!

Listen to what your body is telling you when you eat, it will tell you when it is full. Learn to realize when this is and stop eating!!

It's as simple as that...

Junk food would not be my option... Good ole fashioned fruit and veggies will help you enormously for successful, healthy weight loss!

6. deutza1_d profile image60
    deutza1_dposted 13 years ago

Hey,

I see you wrote down that you exercize on a daily bases. I don`t know exactly what it is that you do but if you want to lose weight, you should focus on jogging sessions as they ae the best way to burn your fat off.

7. lanealanea profile image61
    lanealaneaposted 13 years ago

It might take a while to switch to health food but as a model in the past at your age, I know that its yummy late at night but its going to show up on your tummy. Here is the trick, its simple, 20 minutes of cardio exercise a day of anything you want plus, everything you eat, look at the serving size and eat only that. Your metabolism is awsome at your age, so not too worry but just a little tip to know that one roll will triple if you dont take care of it now. It is simple for you to fix that and reverse what you have going on, I use to think that if I didnt eat before a model shoot that i would be skinnier but, I think that you already know that it doesnt work that way. You can easily drop that off but unfortunately, you have to elliminate meaning zero fast food restaurants, drink 1 liter of bottled water 3 times per day, at your age, you will drop it off. Zero junk food eat every day and if your totally serious about looking fit for summer then do this, swim as much as you can eat as much yogurt not frozen yogurt that you can of course just one a day and well, you might not like this but eggs, apples, broccoli are fat burners and they activate your body to burn the rolls that appear. If I was you right now, I would just bottom line, peak at the serving size of everything you eat and eat that, then, elliminate all fast foods and you will probably look amazing in just a month at your age. Hope this helps some, good luck, Lanea

8. KevinUmberger profile image60
    KevinUmbergerposted 13 years ago

"I have went a few days without eating hardly anything" ... This is where your "rolls" are coming from. Your body, due to evolution, sees that it is not getting very many calories and is therefore "Starving". in order to try and survive on the limited number of calories your body is storing these calories as fat under the skin. This is your bodies Starvation Mechanism. Your metabolism is also slowing down due to the lack of calorie consumption.

This first thing you must do is get your metabolism to gain its momentum back. In order to do this you need to eat frequent small meals throughout the day. 6 small meals is the optimum amount. Your goal should be to eat at least one serving of lean protein with every small meal. Chicken, Egg whites, Turkey, Etc. Accompany the protein with fruits and veggies and complex carbohydrates such as brown rice and sweet potatoes.

Next, you need to incorporate resistance training into your weekly schedule. Shoot for 3 days a week of resistance training. Being that you are a teenager I recommend using a body-weight routine.

Push-ups
    Crunches
    Lunges
    Pull-ups
    Wall Squats

Try and be as active as possible. Sports, swimming, running, and intramural activities are great.

Finally, eliminate all refined sugars from your diet. This includes pastries, white flour/breads, cookies, ice cream and most importantly SODA!

9. Tamara Aspeling profile image59
    Tamara Aspelingposted 13 years ago

Not eating causes your body to go into 'starvation' mode. That in turn results in a drop in your basal metabolic rate, or the rate at which your body burns energy when at rest.

Over time, a pattern of binging and starving can cause your metabolism to slow down to such a degree that you end up gaining weight, even when you eat normally.

If you want to sustain weight loss, or maintain your goal weight, the ideal is to eat five or six small, low calorie meals throughout the day, and whatever you do, don't skip breakfast! It's the one meal that really does kickstart your metabolism!

10. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 13 years ago

When you starve your body, your body's first reaction is to store Everything and all of your processes slow down to decrease the expended energy.  It's seriously unhealthy and counter-productive.

11. Erin Eisenman profile image60
    Erin Eisenmanposted 12 years ago

Like everyone has said, you need to eat 5-6 small meals everyday.  This keeps your metabolism rolling which then burns the fat.  Plus, it keeps all your systems in check...going without food is really bad for your brain, your muscles and all your organs.  You are a teenager, you should be eating lots and getting lots of activity thus growing your body and mind in a healthy way.  And finally, I hope you aren't too concerned about your weight...again, you are young, you should be focusing on growing and learning....not on your body image!  Keep eating healthy foods and staying active!

12. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 12 years ago

eat when hungry, stop when full. no caffiene. good sleep. look into 'good fats' and 'bad fats'. good fats break down body fat whereas bad fats have to turn to body fat before being worked off. most of the answers i've read say all else i would; so i'll leave it at that. good luck :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)