jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I want to get braces but I don't have income anymore and the prices seemed reall

1. eli grey profile image60
    eli greyposted 8 years ago

I want to get braces but I don't have income anymore and the prices seemed really steep when i...

looked online. Any suggestions?

2. Typhoon profile image69
    Typhoonposted 8 years ago

It's not cheap at all. More income would always help, but if that's not an option: a) See if you can get into some sort of dental plan which covers cosmetic dentistry, or long-term payment plan. b) Find a dentist school around looking for patients to train students with. They're much more affordable but the quality might not be too good.

3. cosmetic dentists profile image60
    cosmetic dentistsposted 8 years ago

Some of the prices can seem quite steep but I think that is the case with most things these days. Many dentists do offer finance options so this may be of help to you, but even then I think fixed braces would your best bet as they are most likely to be the cheapest. Treatment like Invisalign is therefore a no no.

Checking out some dental schools is a good idea. Depending on what your tooth abnormality is you could also consider treatment like Veneers or Lumineers as an alternative. Just a thought.

Hope that helps.

4. TheFont profile image65
    TheFontposted 7 years ago

Just one thing- Invisalign and regular braces actually cost the same. I agree though, a dental school may be the answer. Good Luck

working