Does anyone know about ALS and have heard of or know of success stories in deali

1. profile image45
    rakeithaposted 7 years ago

Does anyone know about ALS and have heard of or know of success stories in dealing with it?

A family member was diagnosed with this disease.  She's always taken care of herself, so it was a shock to us all when she was diagnosed as having ALS and even more shocking to find out they have no cure for it.  It saddens us to see hear waste away this way.  I have heard of people who had overcome diseases like cancer and aids through diet and other mechanisms.  If anyone out there can let us know of someone who has found a way to deal with this disease, please let us know.

2. proudmamma profile image78
    proudmammaposted 7 years ago

I'm sorry to say in all the research I have done on the subject, I have not found any evidence of a way to combat it with any special diet or therapy. It is a deterioration of the muscles. I worry about the possibility of being hereditary.  My dad passed away six years ago from the disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

3. kennedysdisease profile image58
    kennedysdiseaseposted 5 years ago

There is no cure for Ameyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis ALS. It is also known in the states as Lou Gherigs Disease (I think the spelling is correct). It comes under the heading of Motor Neurone Disease in the UK and other parts of the world. If you go to the Motor Neurone Disease Website, which is Motor Neurone Disease Association. MNDA. You will find all that is relevant to the condition. The most famous person ever with this condition is Professor Stephen Hawking, the british cosmotologist. He has lived for many years, but this is very, very rare. Life expectancy is usually a maximum of 5 years after diagnosis.
    I know all this as I suffer from Kennedys Disease, this is similar to ALS, the proper name for it is Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy. The difference is that it is slower. I have had it for 11 years. I was initially diagnosed with ALS in the beginning, but a DNA bloodtest illustrates the differences.
    I wish you well as time goes by.
    Best Wishes.
    Graham.

working