jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

im 5'6 and i weight 124 pounds how much should my weight be?

1. profile image46
    aggdardposted 7 years ago

im 5'6 and i weight 124 pounds how much should my weight be?

im vegan and i go to the gym everyday for 2 hours exept Sundays.
    Im generally ok but i have some "love handels"i wanna get rid of.

2. profile image50
    jollyscoden023posted 7 years ago

With a height of 5"2 and a weight of 124 pounds, you have a BMI of 22.7 kg/m2, ... you're perfectly fine. don't worry about it. i'm 5,6 and i'm like 150. but i'm athletic so yeah

3. Dave Ward profile image73
    Dave Wardposted 7 years ago

The suggestion that your BMI is 22.67 is correct. The formula to figure that is weight/(height in inches squared) times 703. Normal weight is between 18.5 - 24.9 on the BMI. You are certainly in the zone. The fact that you go to the gym for two hours every day and are in your target body zone and still unsatisfied might give you some cause for pause. Ask someone you love and trust whether or not you might not be pushing yourself too hard here. You could also consider seeing a personal trainer to help you target that specific area of your body and make your time in the gym more effective.

4. lanealanea profile image59
    lanealaneaposted 7 years ago

I am also 5'6 and I weigh 133 and I am a tennis pro, I do not look overweight and I am 39 years old. So, its not about the height and weight always. You probably look great to others and if you eat healthy and maintain your body through moderate exercise then your doing great.
           My suggestion to you for love handles is simple, add these things to your diet if your diet allows you to do so and swim 20 minutes per day and you will tighten your sides up in no time at all.  I do this all of the time. If you do not enjoy swimming you can just as well do a simple areobic dance style circuit program. Both will work with if you stick to 20 minutes of it and here are the foods to add to make the difference:
    Almonds, walnuts, cottage cheese,apple, eggs.
    Hope this helps some, good luck, Lanea