jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have an irrational fear? If yes, what is it?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

Do you have an irrational fear? If yes, what is it?

2. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

I've irrational fear about my life moving over and over again. Time shifting you can say. It's irrational cause i'm trying to change the mistakes in my past events which i see in dreams. Lol, i know weird but i think most of people have this kind of fear.  tongue

3. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

Sometimes I get uncomfortably close to panic driving over a certain bridge.  It's just this bridge, and others I go over are higher, longer and older.  It also doesn't happen every time.

I've read that certain subsonic sounds can trigger fear.  It may be that on certain days the wind and temperature cause that bridge to produce a noise that upsets me unconsciously.

Whatever it is, it really creeps me out.

4. Mwisdom562 profile image59
    Mwisdom562posted 7 years ago

My irrational fear is a fear of birds. Its irrational because I know that most birds are not out to get me, yet I can't help but feel like they are. Maybe its the beady little eyes that stare at me while I am siting at a sidewalk cafe, daring me to look away so that they can dart towards me. Maybe its the way they sit on the limbs or trees or on wires just waiting for me to get out of my car so they fly over and release their tiny weapons of mass disgustion.

But, the most likely reason is that when I was a boy of about four or five my parents owned an old house in the country. Next door to this house was a farm with a particularly mean bantam rooster. This rooster knew the moment I stepped off the front porch and would come running after me. If it caught me it would peck at my feet and ankles until I ran screaming back on to the front porch.

So, is my fear of birds irrational? Probably. But, in my mind, birds are good for one thing -- making buffalo wings.

working