jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

I`m so sick of my eating disorder. Any suggestions of dealing?

  1. kcarr92 profile image56
    kcarr92posted 7 years ago

    I`m so sick of my eating disorder. Any suggestions of dealing?

  2. SakiSan profile image60
    SakiSanposted 7 years ago

    Eat more or eat less?  More information is normally needed to recommend treatment.  You should discuss it with your doctor!

    Check this hub!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Eating-Disorder … s-Have-One

  3. profile image51
    meghancsmithnjposted 7 years ago

    You probably should see a therapist. If you have any type of an eating disorder, you need help. Ask someone close to you that you trust to help you find someone that is a therapist. Or, they could just help you find someone who can guide you in the right direction to get help, like a teacher, priest, a doctor, or a good friend's mom/dad. I hope you get well.

  4. yaknowwhat profile image60
    yaknowwhatposted 7 years ago

    I believe it is all an inside job , the eating disorder is a symptom , There are many great books on well- being and self -help .
    There is a book that may be helpful called
    women , love , and addiction
    also another called
    you can heal your life

    If the disorder is serious it would be a good idea to seek help , to talk to a therapist , doctor and nutritionist . 
    It is also a good idea to get a good support system, seek a a support group , and confide in a friend / family member who will keep you accountable .

  5. PaulaK profile image36
    PaulaKposted 7 years ago

    I believe that eating disorders are like an addiction, a way of coping with life. The behavior can be changed just like any other behavior, but the underlying issues need resolution in a safe and supportive place. A good counselor and a support group would be helpful!

  6. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

    The eating disorder , whatever it is, is a very serious problem. Some disorder may be overcome without a specialist help, but I advice you , in any case, to talk with your doctor and to decide together with him the type of treatment is better for you. But do not forget that you must to put in this goal all yor energy: face this disorder may be for you an occasion to knowing yourself better and to growing .good luck!

  7. GreenHeartHealth profile image65
    GreenHeartHealthposted 7 years ago

    I think that you recognizing that you have a problem is the first step in any type of healing. Way to go!
    Now get yourself some help if you don't already have a good therapist, find one. And find a nutritionist that can work with your particular needs.

    Here is a great website for eating disorders and they have a hotline for treatment options. http://www.something-fishy.org/

    If you want to, you can contact me and we may be able to work on a health plan for recouperation when you are ready. I am a Holistic Health Practitioner and Nutritionist. Good luck and happy healing. www.greenhearthealth.com

  8. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 7 years ago

    First of all I think you need to be more in detail about what kind of eating disorder you have. Then the appropriate response can be forwarded. Do you eat too much, not enough, all junk food, and not enough health foods etc.

  9. eward97 profile image60
    eward97posted 5 years ago

    lovely, it is so brave of you to even see that you have a problem that you need to solve. You should contact a therapist, and go to an impatient or outpatient program.

  10. profile image51
    Helpline23posted 4 years ago

    I am getting sick of my eating problems.  I have a eating disorder NEC and IBSC, plus a gurd and swallowing difficulties around pms time gets worse am a bit underweight but sitll have trouble stopping myself when I eat.  I am just getting tired of it all.  My insurance doesnt cover therapists for eating disorders.  I do see a physician for my problems dr Wallace Hodges in Seattle wash.  He is knowen to work with people with eating disorders.  I not asking anyone for suggestions just expressing my issues