my sister eats batteries and some times even dirt does that mean she mgith have

1. profile image46
    leila_20posted 7 years ago

my sister eats batteries and some times even dirt does that mean she mgith have pica disorder?

my sister is nearly 4 years old, and she was born with Di-George syndroma nd complicated aoter and heart problem, since she could walk she been eating batteries and some times dirt she loves bittign metal stuff, i am really worried becouse she dosn't eat or drink only water someyimes becouse she get ng-tube feed, since she was born we gto diatition involved since she was born and ng-tube feed it's just th at she dosn't eat why would she be eatign batteris? we told the diatition and doctor but no good advice could she have disorder pica? please let me know!

2. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Hi Leila:

There are many disorders/diseases or conditions which result in unusual cravings -- pica is one -- another is anemia.  Consider consulting with another doctor if you don't feel your current physician is providing the help your sister needs.

3. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

A guy in France
    swallows 350 coins with a value of 4,000 francs over a period of 10 years. What
    happens to the man is that he gets a swollen stomach and upon surgery the
    doctors find 5 kilogrammes of assorted coins. This guy had formed a habit... read more

working