jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What it mean when a man said "I just want to live alone"? Does that mean he do n

1. profile image48
    amandaxy27posted 6 years ago

What it mean when a man said "I just want to live alone"? Does that mean he do not love her anymore?

when he said such word his eyes was not looking at her and request do not touch him at all.
    Is it because he wants to deal the stress himself so finding personal space and time and pull away from his girlfriend?

2. profile image0
    tjf4x4inposted 6 years ago

Coming from someone who has used nearly the same comment, it is not good. Think of it as the man doing a trial run on being single again. He may not know if he loves the woman, or he does love the woman and is trying to ease himself out of it slowly. The man is seeing how well he can live without the woman again.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

He may still in fact love her but he definitely does not love their relationship anymore.
    Simply put he wants a CHANGE.
    He wants to spend (less time) with her.
    Normally when two people are growing in the same direction they plan for (a life together) not apart.

Today it’s very common for couples to use the term “Trial Separation” which is nothing more than a “practice breakup” in my opinion.  Someone wants to test the waters of singlehood while keeping their mate on the line in case things don’t pan out.   Awhile back I wrote a hub on this.

My advice is walk away from the relationship.
    Life is short. It’s important that each us of places a high value on our time.
    No one has time to waste sitting around trying to “figure out” what someone else wants.
    Love alone is not enough to substain a relationship. You have to want the same thing!
    If a person wants to be in a loving committed relationship then they need to be with someone who wants the same thing! 
    You can always drop each other line now and then if you are incline to remain friends.

1. Claire Aquino profile image75
      Claire Aquinoposted 8 months agoin reply to this

This is such a good advice.

4. JosephRanseth profile image64
    JosephRansethposted 5 years ago

This could be an example of a case where he isn't getting a particular need met. It doesn't necessarily reflect on you, though. We all have the need to be connected to others, and we also have the need to be independent. In this case, he could be feeling that he has no time to be independent, and him living alone is the best way he can think of to meet this need.

I have more information on this topic, and the 6 basic human needs, on my personal blog at outsidetheboat.com if you are interested in reading a bit more.

5. Terrielynn1 profile image94
    Terrielynn1posted 13 months ago

Yes, he wants to move on. She needs to let him go. This makes me think of the saying. If you love something let it go, if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't it never was. It might me hard, but maybe the doors that open for her will allow love to come in that makes her happy.