jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think it would be common for humans to live up to 100 years and beyond in

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

Do you think it would be common for humans to live up to 100 years and beyond in the future?

2. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Adam in the Bible lived 960 years. 100 is a piece of cake!

3. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't say it would be common, due to the variety of 'sinful' food around, where obesity is the biggest issue amongst the youth.  Lifespan increase, yes, more due to the advancement of medication, but I think the body can only take so much 'beating', even the best medication can only restrain the deterioration, unless of course, there is a discovery of 'restoration' of cells to its original state, which maybe stem cells can do the job, if perfected.

4. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

Looking thousands of years back human life span was much lower (around 35-45). Progressively we have been able to change our lifestyle in order to live longer. I don't think that it will ever be common to live to 100 because although we are all living generally longer, we feel the same effects of aging as we did back then, ie. hair loss, muscle degeneration, break down of bones etc. The difference is that we are able to nourish ourselves and protect ourselves from diseases more. The aging process becomes a lot more rapid from the age of 45 upwards because our bodies are quickly giving up and settling up because we were 'designed' to only live through youth and young adulthood and we are just fighting against the course of nature. Not to be grim n' all...

5. shaft007 profile image60
    shaft007posted 7 years ago

yes of course..with the way years are flying past...its possible

working