jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do people with severe physical disabilities or severe physical irregularities ma

1. wingedcentaur profile image85
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Do people with severe physical disabilities or severe physical irregularities make you...

irrationally nervous? And then are you ashamed of yourself when you react this way?

2. sofs profile image83
    sofsposted 7 years ago

No. not at all. I am motivated to do as much as i can for such unfortunate ones.  I work with little children who are mentally and physically challenged and just get frustrated that nothing much is done for them. Honestly I wish people could do more then running and hiding away from them in fear.

3. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 7 years ago

I think many people feel that way when they have not been around people with severe disabilities. It's unfamiliar and so we don't quite know how to behave and that can embarrass us - so we get nervous. Educating yourself will help. Volunteering and getting to know people will do something even more interesting - you may no longer notice a disability. You will just see the person smile

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

No, because I'm a professional nurse and bring a higher level of understanding to my interactions with all kinds of people, and I have worked with people with "severe" mental and physical disabilities.

working