jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Suggest some exercises that a lady could do to firm up her upper arm muscles?

1. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Suggest some exercises that a lady could do to firm up her upper arm muscles?

Without having to buy equipment?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Are you looking for exercises for the biceps (top of the arm) or triceps (underside of the arm)? For biceps, lifting from the elbow up back toward your body with weights appropriate for your fitness level will help with toning. Triceps, hold your arm directly above your head and bend the elbow so that whatever weight you have goes back behind the head while your elbow remains straight. Repetitions, weight, etc., depend on your personal fitness level. These can be done with large books, water bottles, etc., though if you were willing to buy a single piece of equipment you may be surprised just how useful a resistance cord can be for variety and effectiveness.

3. grayvitaliy profile image58
    grayvitaliyposted 7 years ago

Hi there, without any equipment at all... i noticed that a lot of women like exercising their triceps, so you can do push ups - depending on your strength level and preferences you can push up from a floor, a chair, a wall... you can do it with a chair in a dip-like fashion with your arms behind... you can vary the width and arms position - that`s pretty good exercise for toning up... i would choose for a start a pretty easy  option and go for 15-25 repetitions...
    i have also seen lots of women successfully using plastic bottles with water for exercises - good substitution for 0,5-2 kg weights - so you basically can do all what you can do with dumbbells -   all kind of biceps curls, and all kind of triceps extensions - standing, sitting, lying and triceps kick backs...
    another good thing do lots of boxing movements... just with an air... if its too easy - the same with holding anything in your wrists (100 - 500g) - works great for toning and firming up...
    finally even short sprints do help for arms - when you run for speed and use your hands quite extensively

4. iamsuper profile image61
    iamsuperposted 7 years ago

Hi sofs.....
    You should do right exercise and nutrition, of course it is not easy if you don't have enough knowledge about it.

In my opinion best exercise is the combination of right exercise and right nutrition. Both of them will effectively help you to get your goal quickly.

If you need information about it, I have hubs about how to exercise right.

Best regards...

working