i have been told my blood sugar is 6.2

1. profile image44
    tarttrotterposted 7 years ago

i have been told my blood sugar is 6.2

is this glucose level ok

2. harrybaguio@hotma profile image61
    harrybaguio@hotmaposted 7 years ago

Not 6.2. You im pretty sure it was 62.  Blood sugar below 20 is Dangerously low.  How do i know? coz If it was 6.2 for real, you'll be dead.

3. profile image54
    DSueposted 7 years ago

Hi there...
    HAve you been diagnosed with Diabetes? I am thinking that you must be speaking of your HbA1C (A1C for short) ..which is a lab test that all people diagnosed with diabetes should have at least twice per year...more if your diabetes is not in good control.  It measures your blood sugar control over time. The best person to ask about this 6.2 result is your doctor but in my opinion...if you are a diabetic, a result of 6.2 is pretty good actually.  It means that your blood sugar range over time has been between the 120's and 150's appproximately) which is a pretty good indication that your diabetes is well controlled.  Generally speaking, if your A1C is over 8...you will have more problems related to high blood sugar (eyes, neuropathy, delayed healing etc.). This is an issue you will need to bring up with your docotr...as he/she will most likely review and make changes to you individual diabetes treatment plan.

working