Is 147 a normal after meal blood sugar? ok so I have been thirsty and tired so

1. profile image45
    filmgirl219posted 7 years ago

Is 147 a normal after meal blood sugar?

ok so I have been thirsty and tired so I wanted to...

I have been thirsty so I wanted to test my blood sugar after every half hour to see what it's doing. I took my blood sugar before eating and it was 120 and this was two hours after my last meal. Now this is my blood sugar levels after having crackers and a pop: 1 hour- 147 2 hours-107  2.5 hour-101  3 hours- 95  3.5 hours- 128  4 hours- 73  Is this ok? Should blood sugar ever exceed 140 after meals? Is it normal for blood sugar to rise after starting to come down? just curious I have autoimmune thyroid problem and diabetes runs in my family and I have been thirsty lately

2. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image36
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 7 years ago

i would love to have sugars that low after eating! i have good control but after 35 years of insulin injections and now resistance, i would be thrilled. if i have a 80 sugar reading, i'm shaking-i feel best between 100-120. again, i'm type 1.

are you waking up in the middle of the night to drink or urinate more frequently? if not, you do not need to worry-if you are drinking diet sodas and other beverages like coffee and tea that can create thirst. maybe you need more water? Dr. Mike

3. profile image45
    filmgirl219posted 7 years ago

ok so now my blood sugar was 190 3 hours after a meal.  is that ok? I would of thought it would be back to at least 100 by now.

working