Chronic Pain Management Tips

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Chronic Pain Management Tips

2. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

Chronic Pain Management Tips are :
    1. Learn deep breathing or meditation to help with chronic pain.
    2. Reduce stress in your life. Stress intensifies chronic pain.
    3. Boost chronic pain relief with the natural endorphins from exercise.
    4. Cut back on alcohol, which can worsen sleep problems.
    5. Join a support group. Meet others living with chronic pain.
    6. Don't smoke. It can worsen chronic pain.
    7. Track your pain level and activities every day.
    8. Learn biofeedback to decrease pain severity.
    9. Get a massage for chronic pain relief.
    10. Eat a healthy diet if you're living with chronic pain.
    11. Find ways to distract yourself from pain so you enjoy life more.

3. RhondaCzech profile image59
    RhondaCzechposted 7 years ago

Wow, where to start? First of all it depends on what type of chronic pain you are experiencing, If it is muscular in nature or something like Fibromyalgia.  Perhaps it's type of arthritis? With each affliction there are some basic's to remember.  Please see your doctor  or nurse practitioner and pass these suggestions by him/her before trying any of them

1. if it is muscular-start by taking some type of over the counter anti inflammatory like Advil or Motrin. Use according to directions, antiinflamatory's are hard on ones stomach so take with milk or food.

2. Taking hot baths with soft music and candles. Relaxation exercises are great, the calmer you are the easier it is to deal with pain. Do it at a time when you won't be disturbed or before bedtime so you can crawl into bed straight away!

3. If you suffer from arthritic pain exercise is key in controlling it. The last thing you may feel like doing is going out for a walk but if you don't you will stiffen up and hurt more. So going for a walk or gentle yoga and weight bearing exercise is good.

4.  One of the things I do when I can't sleep because of pain, after I have a hot bath as hot as I can stand it. I put my favorite mellow music on my ipod and try to meditate of the promises of God. It's the only thing that get me through.

5. When dealing with chronic abdominal pain like chronic pancreatitis  or chronic gallbladder disease heat and hot baths don't work.  The key is prevention. Don't drink alcohol, smoke and stay away from fatty foods or hard to digest foods like steak, raw carrots any food that requires your organs to work had to digest. If you can't avoid an attach the best thing is to switch to full fluids staying away from to much ice cream, caffeine or carbonated drinks. Some acidic fruit juices my increase pain but it is trial and error.

I have lived with chronic pain for years and they best way to handle it is prevention and knowledge. Research your disorder, know how your body reacts to things. Everything is trial and error. When you go to the doctor write down everything you want to ask him about your illness and how to control pain. The more open you are the more your doctor can help you.   Hope this ideas help!

working