jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can I remove a foreign object from my vagina or cervix?

1. profile image47
    Sissy1954posted 7 years ago

How can I remove a foreign object from my vagina or cervix?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

Don't even attempt it.  Go to a medical professional.   You might make matters worse and have to live with lasting consequences.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I agree with Tusitala Tom here...go to the hospital. Yes, it may be embarrassing, but they can make sure that no further damage is done during the removal process. Trust me, every hospital has seen worse, even in the very small rural hospital here there has been everything from metal cock rings to very old potatoes -- it's even worse than it sounds -- and the faster you get it professionally removed the less chance you have of infection or other complications.

4. profile image51
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

What the heck r u doing putting stuff up there? The Dr who may have 2 remove it will b wondern what u did. I'd seek help from the er & then go get help

5. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Just as with illegal aliens coming into the U.S., and nothing is done about them -- just ignore those objects.  ;-(

Seriously, if you can't reach up there and extract it yourself, go to a clinic or doctor.

6. profile image47
    Sissy1954posted 7 years ago

In the additional comments to my question I believe I stated that the person who has this problem has already gone to a Dr., but for whatever reason he couldn't find anything with a physical exam.  He did not do an ultrasound or even an x-ray, and she KNOWS it is still there. She has tried everything the doctors have told her, but was simply hoping someone might have another idea.  The object is about 3/4 inches around and 1-2 inches long.

working