I heard of a mother who lost her son to drugs/suicide 8 years ago. She is stron

1. profile image46
    spiritofheavinessposted 7 years ago

I heard of a mother who lost her son to drugs/suicide 8 years ago.  She is strongly on my heart,...

as the anniversary of his death is coming up.  From what I am told, she is so heart broken and cries at a drop of a pin.  From what I hear, here health is affected mentally and maybe physically.  Personally, I have not walked in her shoes and just want to understand, so I can help her.  Does someone have a suggestion?

2. Leslie Patton profile image60
    Leslie Pattonposted 7 years ago

I think that the best thing you can do, is to listen to her.  Be there for her maybe motivate her (Gently) to get out and get a hobby, or get involved in something that will get her mind off of herself and her problems, maybe get involved with volunteering and helping others.  I think just having you there for her to talk to will help a great deal.

3. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

I have to agree with Leslie - Get her out motivate her to go on living.  Maybe do something in his memory.  She will never erase her son, and should not, but to do something for him.  No parent ever wants to bury her child, and this is certainly grievous.  Talk to her often and let her cry.

working