jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What diet products do you usually buy? Do you prefer to buy online or retail? I

1. lostwillee profile image60
    lostwilleeposted 7 years ago

What diet products do you usually buy? Do you prefer to buy online or retail? I am trying to...

figure out if the crazy diet world is able to actually help people lose weight or if most people just buy the magic diets and expect results without any physical effort or change on habits.

2. fundamentallife profile image59
    fundamentallifeposted 7 years ago

Personally, I research products online (forums etc) and buy what makes sense to me.

AJ..

3. Ask_DJ_Lyons profile image81
    Ask_DJ_Lyonsposted 7 years ago

I bought most of the books written by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond that details how to do food combining and the Fit for Life diet. I got these books from Amazon.com.

Now it is a matter of applying the precepts of this diet as I am attempting to make a permanent life-style change as opposed to a fad diet.

4. ultimatekboxing profile image58
    ultimatekboxingposted 7 years ago

I don't buy any 'diet products'. I'm pretty skeptical about their benefits and they always seem to be fairly expensive. I particularly don't buy into the 'meal replacement' shakes that so many diet programmes seem to love.

Eat healthily - meaning don't snack on junk, eat nutritionally good food, cook from fresh to ensure that you're not eating a lot of additives, control the size of portions and eat regularly throughout the day. I buy a lot of fresh fruit, veg, lean meat and oily fish. All of the bread in the house is wholegrain and we go through a lot of eggs.

I don't think you need to spend money on shakes and pills to lose weight healthily - just eat well and exercise.

5. FitnessTom profile image60
    FitnessTomposted 6 years ago

Some thing that you won't find out unless you take the time to research peer reviewed scientific studies, is that no diet is superior to any other diet, when calories are restricted.

Calorie restriction is the key to weight loss. This is based on the laws of thermodynamics.

Some weight loss supplements can help, but are not necessary if you know how to restrict calories.

working