jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many hours of sleep do you require to function properly?

1. mandyf profile image66
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

How many hours of sleep do you require to function properly?

2. krishubpages123 profile image31
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

1 hour of deep sleep where you wont dream but body will get full rest is enough for all, but it never happens to all, it all depends on their daily activity and habits, eating habits etc., if you are too tired, you may get 1 hour deep sleep, normaly 5-8 hours sleep is necessary for everybody, but people won't sleep for 8 hours, they will sleep atleast 5-6 hours only. For normal functioning 5-6 hour sleep is necessary dail.y.

3. freetowrite profile image74
    freetowriteposted 7 years ago

I require at least 8 to function properly. 9 is perfect. 10 is too much. I do a lot of physical activity during the day and need energy.

4. eslevy17 profile image59
    eslevy17posted 7 years ago

I'm an awful sleeper and can usually manage with 8 hours but if there is nothing to wake me in the morning i'll push it to 10. I'd pay a million dollars for a machine that let me sleep 4 hours a day.

5. profile image70
    Promo Videoposted 7 years ago

I've heard it said that it depends on how much sleep you expect to need. If you think you'll need 8 hours, any less will make you tired. I'd like to reprogram my mind to be happy with 5 hours but haven't succeeded yet

6. multifunctions profile image60
    multifunctionsposted 7 years ago

as i learnt the sleep requirement depends on the age. when you are a child you sleep a lot initially 16-18 hours then it goes on decreasing with the age thats why you find old age people hardly sleep for 3-4 hours at a stretch .
    secondly it depends on the activities that you do. generally,if you are physically active then you require more sleep then those not active.
    thirdly the state of mind, people with depression and tension either increase or decrease the sleep hours depending on the body response.
    lastly if this question is to save time without loosing health. then SHAVASANA right before the sleep is the right answer . though, initially it will increase your sleep hrs but as krishubpages123 said SHAVASANA immediately lets you into the deep sleep and also increases the hrs of deep sleep so the rest of the hrs are saved after practicing it for a few days.

Closed to reply