jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How many hours of sleep do you get each night, and is it enough?

1. ChristynaJohnson profile image64
    ChristynaJohnsonposted 4 years ago

How many hours of sleep do you get each night, and is it enough?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Hello ChristynaJohnson. I tend to get sleep by the day more than each night. My goal is 8 - 9 hours, however I am currently on a prescribed medical program. My physician only asks I get those hours in a day, preferably at once. However, he said two chunks are fine. The emphasis is not to deprive oneself of sleep. Hub Author Real Housewife is a neighborhood expert. Sleep was / is a profession of hers.

Tim

ChristynaJohnsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Tim..for your response.  I thought it wasn't considered healthy sleeping if it wasn't done in one sleep session.  I for one, would most likely fit into the two sessions of 2-4 hours of sleep. I haven't slept for 8 hours since I was a teen.

3. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

Hi Christyna. I get about 7 hours each night. Sometimes, it may be 8, but I usually can't sleep much longer than that. My internal clock usually wakes me before the alarm clock, and I always wake up at the same time no matter if I went to bed earlier or later the night before. Seven to 8 hours seems to be enough for me as I usually wake up refreshed.

thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I can't even imagine getting 8 hours of sleep.  I usually run on 4 hours, myself.

4. SkincareExpert1 profile image60
    SkincareExpert1posted 4 years ago

Somewhere around 4 hours. That's usually good enough for 2 quick REMs. I also mediate 2 twice a day for about 20 minutes or so. Good enough for me smile

I average right about 4 hours myself, and can't imagine getting anymore than that.  Thanks for answering the question, and enjoy your day.

5. ratnaveera profile image68
    ratnaveeraposted 4 years ago

I usually get 7 hours sleep each night. I think it's enough for me. But, children require more sleep. To maintain our good health we need sound and healthy sleep only for 6 to 7 hours. Meditation for at least 10 minutes will help to get that.

Seven hours?  3 of those would be spent tossing and turning, and unrestful for me. Thanks for taking the time to answer the question. =}

working