I am going in for a suboxone detox and my keyworker is expecting me to do 2 days

1. profile image45
    gemskiposted 7 years ago

I am going in for a suboxone detox and my keyworker is expecting me to do 2 days  without...

anything at all before admission. I dont think I will be able to do this. I have done a subutex detox before and not had to wait 2 days before so could I just do 24 hours and be ok or will it be different??? Please help!!

2. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image80
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 7 years ago

I hate to answer a question with a question, but WHY? Why detox from suboxone at all? It is perfectly safe long term. Is it by force or your decision?

If your going through with this (2 DAYS COLD TURKEY!!?) I would honestly purchase enough night quil to knock myself out (Of course taking safe doses) or if you currently have sleep medication, use it a little more than you normally would! Also, I have heard of people having to get muscle relaxers by day 2. I'm sure neither of these suggestions could be anymore dangerous than dropping Suboxone. (Again I guess it would depend on your dosage) I take 32mg a day and couldn't imagine... You are going to be very uncomfortable no matter what, the only way I could see someone possible getting through an instant drop, is to take something strong enough to enduce sleep. sad

working