Do you believe in clairvoyance? Has it happened to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Do you believe in clairvoyance?  Has it happened to you?

Have you ever thought something would happen and it actually did?  Have you ever had a dream that came true?  What was that like?

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Marcy I have a very open mind and love to research & investigate just about anything.This is a favorite topic of mine.
    I most certainly believe that throughout history & all around us, we can see that many individuals are born w/ quite special, unique "gifts."  Because we ALL don't possess this gift does not diminish the fact that these extraordinary people do. 
    What I mean is, it's out of the question that we are all born to be a MichaelAngelo, Einstein or Liberace. I'm positive it's the same when it comes to the Spiritual realm.
    I have always felt I had something special although I can't & won't label it because I'm not sure if it rises to the level of clairvoyance or being psychic. In my mind I've simply attributed it to being highly intuitive and  being much more observant and sensitive to vibes than most people. 
    It's been pretty obvious several times in my life that I just KNEW something was going to happen, how when and why,.but again I would chalk it up to my active imagination.It intrigues me as much as it does friends in my life. 
    I've had several dreams that have materialized which at this point I remember only one because it was the most profound & had a very devastating impact on me for the rest of my life. I actually can't bring myself to talk about it.Other little things,like I would see someone in a dream that I hadn't seen in many years.(.didn't even think about anymore).& within 2 days would run smack dab into that person.That kind of shook me, because I would wonder WHY?  Why after 20 years did I dream about a person I nearly forgot I knew & then SEE them?   
    One other incident that stands out; About a year after my sister died, one early morn.I began my daily ritual ~to the kitchen made coffee & carried my coffee to the table for sugar, I'm still not sure what prompted me to look up & out the glass door leading to the deck, but I did.There, sitting at a table with her head down, pencil in hand, leg crossed, doing a crossword was my sister in her own clothes looking exactly as I had seen her a million times before. It lasted only seconds, but it was enough of a jolt to take my breath away & I instantly started sobbing. My husband asked me what on earth was wrong & I told him.He looked out the window, hugged me & said, "Paula, we don't have the table on the deck yet."....I just kept crying. I'll remember that forever.
    GREAT question Marcy!!  Have you had any experiences? Peace. Paula

1. Sparklea profile image72
      Sparkleaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Paula, you blew me away with that story!

2. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Sparklea.....It was quite a mind-blowing experience. I don't often share it because people's reactions can be different.  It depends on what they believe.  Mostly, I think people are afraid to embrace these things.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Yes. A funny thing is when a member in my immediate family are expecting I begin to walk into walls especially in long hallways. I don't understand it. I would be walking down the hall and drift into a wall like I was being pulled with a magnet. Or, when talking with someone in an office I would turn and walk toward and into a wall. Invariably I would receive a call from a family within weeks sharing they were expecting or a nephew - niece were expecting.

Is that clairvoyance? I dun'n' . . . however it repeated itself historically. Yes, I may have been in period where my perceptions of location lapsed somehow, however that did have a trend. There was period of a couple years I was getting frustrated with it as I simply did not seem to have a clue why I was doing it. I have not walked into walls for quite sometime now, though my siblings are beyond having children now. It did occur when my nephew's wife was pregnant. Other nephews and nieces are not at that time in life as yet, so I have a while before I can see if that happens again :-)

4. Sparklea profile image72
    Sparkleaposted 3 years ago

Yes I believe in clairvoyance.  I think all of us have a tad of it, but that is my opinion.
    Sometimes when I end up stuck behind a very, very slow driver on the road (driving like a snail with sleeping sickness), when we get to a stop sign I just KNOW he/she is going to make the same turn as I.  And they always do.  OR I can drive up to a red light and be behind a car and I KNOW ahead of time they are a slow driver, and they will take the same exit I want, and NOT use their turn signal.  I am always right.
    But one of the most significant events happened one year when I drove 3 of my friends to Lancaster, Pennsylvania for the weekend.  We stayed overnight, and started our 4 hour journey home the next day.  As I was pulling out on the highway to head home, an inaudible thought crossed my mind: "YOU ARE GOING TO GET A SPEEDING TICKET."
    I was not thinking anything about my driving or a ticket, yet that thought was so startling that I made it a point to be very careful on the way home. 
    Three and one-half hours later, we crossed the New York State line from Pennsylvania.  The speed limit in PA is 65, and the speed limit in NYS immediately changed to 55 mph.  Our two friends were asleep in the back seat, and my friend in the front and I were talking non-stop.
    ALL OF A SUDDEN, FLASHING LIGHTS BEHIND ME!
    I looked at the speedometer, and found I was going over 80 mph!
    I allowed myself to get caught up in conversation and got a ticket for over $100!  The policeman chewed me out, said I could have gotten all of us killed.
    I have never gotten over the fact that I was given an inaudible warning, but let myself get distracted, and I have no idea how it happened.
    Great question Marcy.  Blessings, Sparklea PS: for Christmas my three friends gave me a card with a $20 bill from each toward my speeding ticket.  What a show of God's grace from them!

1. fpherj48 profile image77

That's what I call NICE friends!   I'll bet you pay attention to your speed all the time now!

2. Sparklea profile image72
      Sparkleaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Paula I have not ever had a speeding ticket since!!!

3. fpherj48 profile image77

LOL!  Good girl!

5. Cammy Walters profile image72
    Cammy Waltersposted 3 years ago

While this type of thing happens all the time, do I believe also that some people can create self fulfilling prophesies and become their own worst enemies.

I do have to admit that the first few times that I have had a dream come true, it was more like a Dejavu kind of thing.  But over the years you get used to it, and sometimes if you aren't careful you will catch yourself relying on happening, and this is where disappointment and confusion come in. 

Thanks for the question!

1. fpherj48 profile image77

Cammy,  I get what you're saying and the "dejavu" experiences are quite strange, aren't they?   It's only happened a couple of times to me, but for a few days afterwards, I am obsessed w/ wondering why it happened!

6. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

It has happened to me several times and it is a very eerie feeling afterwards.  During it happening I try to change the outcome, but it ends up that I was trying to do that all along, mening that that has happened before.  Very strange.

7. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

My reply is too long, and is  turning into a hub.... wink

8. profile image61
    Jayjay075posted 19 months ago

Many times throughout my life I felt connected to something. It's like a season it comes it goes. I remember and was feeling very manic. In these times is what I feel connected to something greater than myself. I was receiving messages through pamphlets I have picked up. I couldn't believe what I was reading ( receiving)  the information that I got lead me to research brain waves. before that moment I knew nothing about it. I went back to these pamphlet later and reread them.. and the message that I received before was not there.. at times I believe my gift is the ability to rearrange letters and receive a message. Outside of our five senses.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)