jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What benefits would I reap from running?

1. tdebrick profile image59
    tdebrickposted 7 years ago

What benefits would I reap from running?

I am thinking about running as a way to work out but unsure what is the benefit of running

2. lulubell1798 profile image71
    lulubell1798posted 7 years ago

Well, the though of it might be tiring and, " aww, I am just not in the mood ," swarm your mind. But you will be happy forself and your body will thank you becasue it will be healthier one step at a time.

3. hermfry418 profile image73
    hermfry418posted 7 years ago

It depends on what your goals are and the pace and time at which you run.  If your goal is weight loss, running as fast as you can for 30 seconds followed by 1 minute walking/slow jogging and repeating for 15-20 minutes would help you reach that goal.  If your goal is to be able to run long distances, then the only way to train for that is slowly build up the distance you can run each day.  For instance: day one: jog a half of a mile, day two jog a mile, day 3 jog a mile and a half, day 4 jog a mile, day 5 jog a mile and a half, day 6 jog a 2 miles.  Follow that progression, and assuming your nutrition is good, you'll be up to half marathon distances within 3 months.  Also, I always recommend that people use some sort of resistance training, either with bands or dumbbells, in order to preserve muscle mass.

4. colonial82 profile image60
    colonial82posted 7 years ago

After a while, you will gain energy and endurance to be able to do every day activities. 

Have a good day.

5. davecurtis profile image59
    davecurtisposted 7 years ago

There are a great deal of benefits which can be gained from rigorous exercise such as running. Some of these benefits may include weight loss, improved cardiovascular health, improved bone health, improved mood and better coordination.

6. jrsearam profile image60
    jrsearamposted 7 years ago

Hermfry covers it all pretty well so I would just add that running also gets you from one place to another, faster. LOL. Blessings, JR

7. PierrePierre profile image60
    PierrePierreposted 7 years ago

Running enhances your body in different ways.

Endurance running, naturally, increases your stamina and forces you to learn to breathe in a batter manner. It also helps to tone the muscles in your arms and legs, as well as other places on your body. It's a full cardio workout.

Sprinting does very much the same but also enhances your speed capabilities and your form.

8. 7hands profile image68
    7handsposted 6 years ago

Running has many physical benefits as have been outlined here, but it also has many mental benefits as well.   It helps to build confidence, co-ordination, stress relief, and endorphin release puts you in a great mood for the rest of the day. So all in all, it can really help to balance out and improve in many areas of your life. Cheers