jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)

Perfect Body!!!

1. boberto profile image49
    bobertoposted 8 years ago

What is the most effective way to get the body you desire and see on the tv?!

Is it dieting and healthy eating, regular work outs in the gym!!

What do you think??

1. anjalichugh profile image76
      anjalichughposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Regular exercise (3-4 times a week is good enough), healthy diet (green vegetables a must), small meals at regular intervals and a very very light dinner. Besides, don't eat anything after 8 p.m. smile

2. Capable Woman profile image64
      Capable Womanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, of course and obviously. All of the above. Add not drinking sodas or eating refined sugar of any kind in there and 20 minutes of cardio a day and you're well on your way.

Keep in mind, however, that TV adds about 30 pounds to everybody. The people you see on there with "perfect" bodies are skinny little freaks in real life.

Additionally, please also note that only a certain body type is shown or idealized on TV. Reality is different and the key is to figure out what YOUR ideal weight and fitness goals are, based on your body type.

Good luck and stick with it! smile

3. BeatsMe profile image64
      BeatsMeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Genetics. Really really good genes. big_smile

4. Lady_E profile image81
      Lady_Eposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Whatever you decide, Stick to it. Don't give up half-way.

5. hopalopa67 profile image54
      hopalopa67posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think it is a combination of healthy diet and exercise. You don't have to be agym rat or anything, you just got to stay active.

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

probably all of those and a face lift

3. boberto profile image49
    bobertoposted 8 years ago

Without having surgery Brenda ha!!

anjalichugh by exercise do you mean weight or mainly long distance running, could you please elaberate?

4. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 8 years ago

I don't think you need to go to a gym to workout.  But exercises that will either tone muscle or build muscle combined with a proper diet will help.  It all depends on where you are now... If you are overweight then you need to consume less calories than your bodies daily needs, just the oposite if you are underweight.

5. ocbill profile image61
    ocbillposted 8 years ago

I'd say anjalichugh hit it right on the nose.
    I'd like to add you want to include some type of weight lifting regimen for resistance training, strengthening bones, and losing body fat.

6. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 8 years ago

This is the exercise program that I use.  It is a tough program but it is doing wonders.  I've lost nearly 15 pounds and toned muscle in roughly 3 weeks and I've just barely started getting up to speed with it... http://hubpages.com/hub/the-p90x-system

7. HealthCare Basics profile image62
    HealthCare Basicsposted 8 years ago

I use a Bowflex, forty-five minutes every other day. Walk my dogs 2 miles around the park daily, and then another fast paced walk on my own for 3 miles. I have lost 27 pounds. II am happy with my body, but at 55 years old, I need some tone on my sagging face....

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Way to go HelthCare.  I'm 40 and recently diabetic. With the P90X program that I am on, I haven't felt better since I got out of the Army 19 years ago.

1. HealthCare Basics profile image62
        HealthCare Basicsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is great Richard. Keep up the exercise and the diabetes should certainly stay in check. I heard about the PX90. I should check that out as I get bored just doing Bowflex.

8. My Inner Jew profile image67
    My Inner Jewposted 8 years ago

anaerobic excercise has been found to be the best...I hope i am using the right word lol!!!  But it is like fast walking or riding a bike.  It is better for the body than running.  Running burns more calories but it is has a damaging effect also. Also, unlike running, once you stop walking you continue to burn calories, whereas in running as soon as you stop running you stop burning calories.

1. Thorne profile image58
      Thorneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Also seems to be easyer to start a bike program than running.

9. amiabledaffodils profile image61
    amiabledaffodilsposted 8 years ago

hi,i am deepthi from india.i am new to hubpages.i have posted few hubs yesterday on health topics.the links are:
    <snipped links - if you want feedback on your hubs, please post in "Extreme Hub Makeover">

suggestions from all the experienced members are welcome

i think to get perfect body we need to do proper exercise,eat proper diet and do some yoga(indian method)

10. jcales profile image63
    jcalesposted 8 years ago

P90x does seem cool. The chin-ups are the hardest for me. trying to find strengthening exercises you can also do without apparatuses

11. blondepoet profile image74
    blondepoetposted 8 years ago

You have to do an aerobic activity like walking say 5 days a week(half hour)and some kind of weight training at home or the gym 3 times a week. The aerobics burn the fat and the weights sculpt and give your body a whole new dimension. When I started weights, my body changed beyond belief, and that is how it all is done lol. I went from a size 8 to a 6. The good thing about weights is it speeds up your metabolism so even when you are sleeping you are burning fuel. Also for people who are getting older, the bones and muscle slowly decreases a percentage every year of age, but my doing some kind of weights you can avoid that happening

12. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I walk for two hours a day about five times a week, but I am by no means a small person.  I am very toned, but I have no desire to look like other people's definition of fit.  I like to look like me and flaunt all the rules smile.

13. profile image43
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

I get the body I desire by paying £40 every Friday night, worth every penny smile

1. HealthCare Basics profile image62
      HealthCare Basicsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Great reply.... smile

1. profile image43
        badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

smile

14. blondepoet profile image74

That's it. What is the perfect body anyway. Marilyn Munroe was a size 14yet considered to be perfect by many. Some people with a larger bone structure can not possibly expect to look the same as someone who who has a small frame. If you feel good about yourself, no matter how thin or big you are, then that is what it truly is all about

15. blondepoet profile image74

I have been looking for a celebrity look-a-like for you Sweetie, and think I may have nailed one for my Hub. You are a stunner inside and out smile smile smile As I always say the best cosmetic a woman can wear on her face is a smile, gulp I just realised I am not smiling on mine, but here at home I am lol even though it is 6.00am and I have not gone to bed yet.Ding my alarm just went off anyway, so excuse me folks if I am making spelling errors here.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You are so sweet blondepoet.  Thanks for the kind gesture smile.

16. The Phil profile image59
    The Philposted 8 years ago

As I read in a book. Exercise & do more than you eat and you can have the body you want

working