jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How much should i jog?

1. Bryanslittleangel profile image52
    Bryanslittleangelposted 8 years ago

How much should i jog?

2. rockeness profile image50
    rockenessposted 8 years ago

as much as your body can take it (when you start huffing push yourself a little further). Run at least twice a week.

3. profile image50
    Mosychukposted 8 years ago

Jog to keep your hear rate up, and remember, the first 10 minutes of increased heart rate actually counts for nothing. Try to keep jog sessions between 30 minutes, and an hour.

4. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Everyone's different.  It depends on how fit you are.  I'd say start with 20 minutes, see how you feel and increase that time gradually the next time you jog.

5. WinStir profile image51
    WinStirposted 8 years ago

The rule of thumb is to listen to your body. Start walking briskly and when you can walk for a mile or about 12-15 minutes without wheezing, start intermittently walking and running, everyother day. Keep a log and jot down your progress. Good luck!

6. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 8 years ago

Before you start jogging you must make absolutely sure that your posture is up to scratch. The impact of repeated landing can further damage poorly aligned body parts, especialIy in the neck and the lower back. I see joggers jogging their ankles into the ground because they don't realise that they have fallen arches. Then they complain about pain in their knees. Later on in life they need hip-replacement operations. More info on my hub series "How to Become a Good Mover".

7. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

It depends obviously on many factors, each person is different and has different levels of training. When I started I was running 10 minutes (and I seemed a lot!). If you uses a heart rate monitor make sure you keep to below 60-70% of theoretical maximal heart rate, or keep in mind a simple rule: if you can talk quietly during the run it means that you not tiring your body too much. And I would add :  stop when you are tired and when you are not having fun (running  must be pleasant for you!)