jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have had a rash for 6 years, it itches so deeply it often leaves me sobbing, i

1. profile image48
    the rarrposted 7 years ago

I have had a rash for 6 years, it itches so deeply it often leaves me sobbing, it is on the top...

arch of my left foot, and on the bottom (only on the arched part) of both feet. I scratch so hard I end up bleeding, and it is emotionally charged , It has robbed my self esteem, (it is very ugly after I have scratched my skin to shreds)and the top of my left foot is scarred, I have tried self hypnosis , not working for this, I need help I am desparate, i do not have mono , never have , and otherwise i am very healthy physically

2. jillfil0 profile image56
    jillfil0posted 7 years ago

So is it the desire to be scratched or the desire to scratch?  Do you use other items or just your hand?  Is that the only part of your body?  Did you try just using a wrap? 

The two major things that steer our conscious thoughts are pleasure and pain...unfortunately, this sounds like subconscious actions else I would start dwelling on the worst case scenario (long term foot problems) to try to modify your conscious behavior.  Unfortunately for subconscious, your probably on the right path with seeing a psychiatrist. 

Have you tried just wrapping and keeping it wrapped (besides bathing) for a long period of time?  Like a month or so?  This might be long enough for you to loose the craving...

3. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 7 years ago

I think this needs to be seen by a medical doctor.  There may be something organically wrong that is causing this problem.  Six years is a long time - you owe it to yourself to check out all the options.

4. profile image0
    Chris Hughposted 5 years ago

Have you tried something to numb it, like lidocaine? I'd also try coconut oil, argan oil, hydrocortisone or, if your doctor approves, prednisone. You have seen a doctor, right?