jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What vitamins or foods can help regulate blood sugar?

1. Eric Calderwood profile image82
    Eric Calderwoodposted 4 years ago

What vitamins or foods can help regulate blood sugar?

Are there vitamins, over the counter supplements, or natural foods that can help to regulate blood sugar and prevent diabetes for someone who is already having blood sugar problems but is not a diabetic yet?

2. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Your body regulates blood sugar levels naturally with hormones (insulin), all foods that are low on the glycemic index will help lower/regulate blood sugar. Including low glycemic indexed foods such as oatmeal, avocados, nuts, cherries, sweet potatoes, lemons, and fiber rich foods in your daily diet will get digested much slower thus regulating blood sugar and reducing the risk of diabetes.

3. lilcupcake profile image69
    lilcupcakeposted 4 years ago

cinnamon. my mom already is diabetic, and im hypoglycemic. grocery shopping is a BLAST! >_< When she was first diagnosed the doctor recommended cinnamon supplements to lower her blood sugar. Another important thing he said is to take her medicine at the same time every day, so that may apply for the supplements.

If you're in serious need of help, feel free to contact me and I'll talk more to her about little things that help! smile

4. profile image51
    shivdixitposted 4 years ago

you have to improve the level  of  insulin in your body.Insulin is the hormone which controls the level of blood sugar in our body.and you can regulate your blood sugar from this tips:-
    1.Improve the level of vitamin D
    2.Limit consumption of sugars, grains and processed carbohydrates
    3.Get Your Fats in Good Balance
    4. Do Exercise daily
    5.Lose Excess Weight
    6.Reduce Stress.
    7.Take the proper sleep