jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it possible to get hooked on a workout? What are some cool addicting moves?

1. Kimberly Turner profile image78
    Kimberly Turnerposted 7 years ago

Is it possible to get hooked on a workout? What are some cool addicting moves?

2. Tyk profile image56
    Tykposted 7 years ago

In my opinion the best work out is one you enjoy. For instance if you really like sports. Pick one and play it often. It is an easy way to exercise and enjoy what you're doing. Dancing is also lots of fun if you enjoy music and moving around. Another factor that helps with getting hooked on a workout is your results. If you want to lose weight or gain muscle seeing the results of your work. Becomes motivating to do more. So in response to your question the answer is yes. It is possible to not only become hooked but to actually want to exercise often. When you make it a habit. It almost becomes a need.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Pelvic thrusts can be addicting, especially with a partner.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Exercise is addictive, and it's usually a positive thing.  I love riding my mountain bike, really, and it's a great cardio workout.  I used to love to listen to metal, and do side straddle hops, and push ups.  To each their own, but that endorphin high is for real.

5. lillm profile image60
    lillmposted 7 years ago

I think if you find an activity you like and do it regularly, it can become very addictive. For example, I tried rock climbing a few years ago, and although I wasn't very good at first, I became addicted to improving myself and learning more about the sport. The same thing happened with yoga. I look forward to every class to see how much stronger and more flexible I have become.

6. Kimberly Turner profile image78
    Kimberly Turnerposted 7 years ago

It's true. A couple of years ago I tried Kung Fu and fell in love with it. It is such a great work out, you learn self-defense and it is fun! As long as you do something that you like and do it often enough it is possible to get hooked on a workout.

7. kjrzeek1 profile image69
    kjrzeek1posted 6 years ago

Yes, you can get hooked on a workout, but it can limit your progress.  You have to be careful, because if you perform the same workout over and over you body will get used to it and you results will suffer.  You should be changing your workout every 6 weeks or so.  The last workout routine I got hooked on was the "RushFit" home workout program!

working