jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What has worked to motivate you to lose weight & be healthy?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image80
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What has worked to motivate you to lose weight & be healthy?

2. HannahRiley profile image58
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

Seeing first hand what not working out & eating healthy will do to you. I am in nursing school, and it has been a kick in the seat for me to get moving...I recently wrote a hub about this topic. Check it out:)
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-feel-hea … ty-of-life

3. sundijo profile image58
    sundijoposted 7 years ago

Two years ago I hit a bad place in my life and I got very sick. I decided it was time to do something about it. So, I slowly began talking walks, eating a cup of soup instead of a huge bowl. I learned how to make a salad filling and delicious. I learned to fill voids in my life with things besides food. I built relationships with people instead of building one with food.

Soon I was walking 2 miles/day. In April I started running and actually competed in a 5K.

I couldn't have done any of it without my faith. It was the key ingredient. Any more questions you have I'll be glad to answer. Have a great weekend!

4. EinsFloW profile image63
    EinsFloWposted 7 years ago

I just imagined how it would be if I would stay this size and I did not feel comfortable about it. Although it was hard to actually getting up and doing something, it was definitely worth it. Do not give up. :-D

5. usedtobebig profile image65
    usedtobebigposted 6 years ago

this is my story, hope this helps.

you can also see my diet tips on my other hubs. Good Luck.