jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to lose weight?

1. InterestCaptured profile image86
    InterestCapturedposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to lose weight?

2. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Focus on eating a well rounded healthy diet and exercise. That is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.

There is no "lose weight quick" plan. You can safely lose about 1-2 lbs per week. (Contestants on weight loss shows like "The biggest loser" have their diets specially tailored and they are constantly supervised by experts allowing them to safely lose more weight per week).

Even the weight loss commercials specify 8-10 weeks for their clients to see results.  You can't exercise or eat healthy for only two weeks, it has to be a full commitment.

3. CJacksonSmith profile image57
    CJacksonSmithposted 5 years ago

- Spread you food intake over more meals : Increases Metabolism.

- Do short high intensity exercise routines : Remove excess glucose that could  store as glycogen and potentially fat.

- Eat a well balanced diet (with lower fat intake) : Keep the pathways involving removal of fats such as Beta-oxidation working correctly.

- Eat less fats : Storage of fats in humans is not regulated, therefore  any fats eaten will be stored so if you eat fat you will 'get fat'.

- Drink plenty of water : again, promotes a healthy body and it dilutes the food you eat so the concentration of any fats eaten will be reduced and lowers chance of them being absorbed. Water will also make you satiated quicker therefore you wont feel like snacking.

You may initially drop around 2-7lbs in the first 2 weeks then the loss will slow down, this initial loss will be glycogen + fats whereas it will then be focussed on fat loss.

Hope this helps smile

4. profile image0
    LitLiaisonsposted 5 years ago

Women forget that we all have different body shapes and types and what is true for me may not work for another woman.  I find though that eating well and exercising more has helped me stay more in shape and the weight and fat come off more quickly than crash dieting.  I used to find it hard to eat well, but now I just let myself have small treats when I feel like it and then I don't feel guilty because the rest of the time I enjoy eating healthier foods.

I take healthy food to work as well that way if I don't have junk I can't eat it.  I barely drink any soft drinks any more as well, which has been a big help because it seems to have reduced my cravings for sugar and junk foods.  Also, cutting alcohol levels right down has helped too.  So, basically I don't guilt myself over what I have, but rather try to be mindful of what I do right with diet and exercise.  Less guilt is definitely a big factor.

5. StrategyCoaching profile image84
    StrategyCoachingposted 5 years ago

Looking for tips to improve your health? Start here read more