jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why does it physically hurt when you miss someone?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

Why does it physically hurt when you miss someone?

2. gmmurgirl profile image81
    gmmurgirlposted 7 years ago

I had this same question years ago. I wonder why one feel like there is a big hole in your heart, like some sort of emptiness you can literally feel physically when you miss someone. In this case, your emotions put a very great of stress on your body particularly on the brain. The brain is a very powerful organ and when you miss someone so much, it triggers some sort of chemical reaction and sets a series of motions that led to you feeling that emptiness or physical hurt.

3. carlmikael profile image57
    carlmikaelposted 7 years ago

Coz you use your sense´s like mental pictures and sounds which associate the missing of someone to a feeling, which could hurt depending on how you use you sense´s

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

If there's a connection there's bound to  be pain.  You can compare it to losing a body part, important document ( even though that pain/frustration last but so long because at some point you'll replace it) close family member, etc.  Maybe body part is the best example, but out side of that it is due to the degree of the connection that you and that individual has.

Vonda G. Nelson

5. Exotic_Kitten profile image46
    Exotic_Kittenposted 6 years ago

sometimes if you miss someone so bad emotionally it will turn out to hurt physically as well like throbbing of the heart and whatnot

6. loneparentgiggles profile image61
    loneparentgigglesposted 6 years ago

If you are seriously emotionally wounded it makes sense that the pain would spread. A few months ago I broke my big toe... Because it was no longer working and I couldn't use my foot properly I actually managed to strain both my foot and my ankle too... then because they weren't working right... my legs also became painful...

The body will take the extra load... But not without consequence.

working