what antibody points to a auntimmune hepatitis diagnosis

1. profile image45
    william poindexteposted 7 years ago

what antibody points to a auntimmune hepatitis diagnosis

how do you treat hepatitis c and autoimmune hepatis at the same time

2. Pamela99 profile image86
    Pamela99posted 7 years ago

I just found this question.  I often refer to Mayo Clinic when I want accurate information.  Basically they state that autoimmune hepatitis could be caused by an interaction between several risk factors, such as infections, medications and a genetic predisposition.  The attack on your liver can lead to chronic inflammation and serious damage to the liver cells.  This type is treated with prednisone, Imuran and other immunosuppressants just like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases are treated.  The goal is to suppress the immune system to limit the damage.

Hepatitis C is a viral infection that also leads to swelling and inflammation of the liver.  There is a test ELSA to detect hepatitis C.  There is no cure for either of these diseases.  This disease is treated with a combination of interferon alpha and ribavirin, an antiviral medication in weekly injections.  There are numerous of possible side effects to these medicines.

I would read all I could as knowledge will help you to understand what is happening with your body.  There may be some natural remedies that would help as I didn't research that possibility.  Best of luck.

working