My husband is having severe pain about 7 to 8 inches from the base of his neck a

1. profile image47
    thelriceposted 7 years ago

My husband is having severe pain about 7 to 8 inches from the base of his neck and 3 inches to...

the right, on his back. He has had x-rays, ekg, seen a neurologist and they still don't know what is wrong. Muscle relaxers nor norco help. Can you help?

2. minilake profile image59
    minilakeposted 6 years ago

From personal experience I can suggest a few things:
    1. For a full day use a hot water bottle. As soon it feels uncomfortable, remove, wait, and again put it back. All internal maladies are removed by excess blood circulation. (My father had similar pain on his lower stomach with same condition: no x-ray, ultrasound could reveal anything. 3-days later it went off on its own, the hot water bottle was like a godsend.
    2. Use your finger, touch at the base (where it pains most) and move in small circular fashion. Slowly do this on other affected areas.
    3. Use an object like a ballpen cover/Pencil/solid object with rounded base (that does not pinch, is around 5 mm in width) and start pushing it on different body parts (basically trying to use AcuPressure); you might find imbalance on your body. (Sometimes pressing finger nails stop toothache)
    4. Visit an Acupuncturist. From which country you are?
    5. Visit an Homoeopath (it is best for skin disorders, and possibly some problem is there under his skin. It will take a lot of time, try it provided you see effect within one week.
    6. Use Cold water bottle/Hot water bottle alternately.
    7. Increase intake of Garlic & Turmeric powder. Both have wonderful properties.
    Try them and tell me if any betterment is seen or not. God Bless him.