Have you ever heard of people being able to induce this feeling on command?

1. profile image46
    Zenronposted 7 years ago

Have you ever heard of people being able to induce this feeling on command?

This tingling sensation is something some people can induce willingly. If I concentrate and close my eyes and almost look up through the center of my forehead I can make huge waves of this sensation splash down my body and I can keep it going for a while. It causes goosebumps where ever it goes. Have you heard about this, if so what is your thoughts on this ability?

2. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

There are certain songs, believe it or not, that induce this feeling around my body and only lasts for a few seconds. It is usually brought on by some memory associated with it

3. Anti-Valentine profile image96
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Yes, of course some people can do this at will. This is what we in the community refer to as a "Type A" individual. People who meditate can with practice bring on the sensation without any external triggers such as music or sound

Memories of a past event can help bring it on, but I find that empathy is quite a big trigger with me. I can sit there and think about some great accomplishment that someone has made, and I experience great waves of it.

The only time I get goosebumps in addition to the head tingles so often talked about, is when I listen to music. And this is more common than one might think, seeing as many get chills from music, apparently.