How can someone reconnect with their emotions having lived completely detached f

1. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

How can someone reconnect with their emotions having lived completely detached from them for...

many years?

2. jobister profile image61
    jobisterposted 7 years ago

I don't think you ever lose connection with your own emotions. They are always there, maybe they have been dormant because of mental relapse or some other emotional distress. You can reconnect with them with help of friends, changing your routine and always seeking professional help.

3. NealRyder profile image54
    NealRyderposted 7 years ago

It partly depends on the person, their understandings and beliefs.  Emotions can be repressed but the desire to reconnect with them is a beginning.

Some type of healing of the heart is necessary, however it is sought.  Again, it depends on what the person is willing and able to do.

In my experience developing compassion was and is the path for my emotional healing.  That may or many not make sense, it didn't happen overnight but it did happen quickly.  B

It may seem like a life has been lived completely detached from emotions, but it's not an absolute.  It  may require some examination but the emotions are there.

Begin the process, include what you believe will work, take it one step at a time.

working