jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If I were to die today, would I be remembered as an author although I never publ

1. bellawritter23 profile image76
    bellawritter23posted 7 years ago

If I were to die today, would I be remembered as an author although I never published a book?

2. christopheranton profile image76
    christopherantonposted 7 years ago

If you have written something, and left it for people to publish after your death, it could easily happen.
    Most of the music that Franz Schubert is famous for was found in a box under his bed. He was too poor to have it published while he was alive.
    Good luck with your writing. I hope you do not intend dying for a while yet.

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Few are remembered, even published authors.  Fame is fleeting so stop worrying about it.  It will be what it will be.

Even Archimedes had his writings written over.  I've been published but I don't expect anyone to remember unless some scholar runs across something in an archive somewhere.  I won't wait up... oh wait, I'll be dead.  That's life.  Oh well.

Do what you can to save the world while you're alive.  Shine while you're here and let the future sort itself out.

P.S.  We wouldn't have any of Shakespeare's writings if the manuscrips hadn't been found in the estate of one of his actors.  Shakespeare left not a single book nor piece of writing in his estate.  And that should be proof he didn't write anything anyways.  I believe his writings were made by Christopher Marlowe.  I wrote a hub abut it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Shakespeare-the … -Elizabeth

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I don't know for sure...would I be remember that way...somehow I don't think so.  There are writers, then there are authors...one published a book and the other just wrote things like I do here on the hub. Then there are the stars...the ones the public knew...had name recognition with. Until we attain that status, someone can say that we were authors all day long at our funeral and no one will argue the point.  Ultimately, I think the real author in the world today must achieve celebrity status to gain any recognition at all...until that point, we are just us. WB

5. fossmaniac profile image77
    fossmaniacposted 7 years ago

Even if you're a published author and you die today, people close to you will always remember you for the person you are rather than 'you the bestselling author'. So, eventually it doesn't matter if you publish or not.

Closed to reply

working