jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is America the leading country of obese citizens?

1. Mr.Snow profile image58
    Mr.Snowposted 7 years ago

Why  is America the leading country of obese citizens?

2. shynsly profile image57
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

Too much TV, over indulgance of junk food, sedintary life styles, and flat out laziness... mostly.

3. hillrider profile image59
    hillriderposted 7 years ago

Hey,  America has led the way for other countries since this nation was formed and first taught the English there was more to life than tea and crumpets...
    Okay, maybe we need to cut back on the cream cheese bagels and butter, but how will other countries know what to do without our shadow to keep them from getting sunburned if they lead the way ?

4. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

intellectual and physical laziness, in a nutshell.                                 .

5. AngusNz profile image61
    AngusNzposted 7 years ago

In the middle ages it was a sign of power and wealth, an outward show that you have all that you want and more. The poor could not afford to eat the rich could, and they show it, many of the rich nations have obesity problems and it is in a way the same sort of thing we have it so we use it. There is enough food and America wants everyone to know that they are not poor or weak or starving. If a child is skinny everybody thinks that their parents dont feed them, i am struggling here i hope you see my point its proof of upbringing that goes too far, 'look I can feed my family and some'.