My dad had a biopsy 11/19/2010 and 12/1/2010. He was first told it was GBM then

1. profile image48
    dianadorschposted 7 years ago

My dad had a biopsy 11/19/2010 and 12/1/2010.  He was first told it was GBM then later...

inconclusive.  He had no treatment except for decadron.  He got worse.  On 1/5/2011 they removed 95% of tumor.  He has had four treatments of whole brain radiation this week and now they say, he will not receive any additional radiation because the treatment is palliative only and he will die very soon.  Please help me.

2. profile image48
    jengraefposted 7 years ago

I am terribly sorry to hear about your father.  My mother faced a similar situation about 4 years ago.  She was diagnosed with a fungus in her lungs and was perscribed some expensive antibiotics.  She kept getting worse, and she couldn't afford to have major tests done since she did not have insurance.  When she did save the money and finally had a test ran, it was inconclusive.  Three days later she showed up at the hospital for an outpatient procedure, the hospital had never heard of the surgeon named on her papers.  She began coughing up blood, was admitted to the hospital and late that afternoon was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer.  The spot on her lungs that the doctors found 11months earlier had grown 8cm and had attached itself to her lung and intertwined itself between two ribs.  It was inoperable.  She recieved radiation to shrink the tumor, but it did not help.  She refused chemo, and three short months later she passed away.....

I wish I had a story of survival  for you to help lift your spirits.  The best I can offer is...I will keep you and your father in my prayers....and some friendly advise...enjoy the time you have left with him...cherish every moment...God bless you & your family

working