jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Tips on becoming a morning person (Day starting at 7:00 AM or earlier)?

1. PinotsHub profile image59
    PinotsHubposted 7 years ago

Tips on becoming a morning person (Day starting at 7:00 AM or earlier)?

(besides the obvious tip of going to bed earlier)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4506119_f260.jpg

2. simplymoneyboy profile image60
    simplymoneyboyposted 7 years ago

6.00 AM is the Good Time for Me. It makes me to go to college early and jump off from the college soon. smile)

3. TahoeDoc profile image95
    TahoeDocposted 7 years ago

During the weeks when I work at the hospital, by 7 am I am ready to take my first patient into the operating room so I'm not just awake, I have to be awake and alert. I've already been at work for at least 30 minutes.

-As you stated, the obvious is to go to bed earlier. If you are not used to going to bed earlier, make your bedtime earlier by 15 minute increments every 4 or 5 days or so. If you try to force it, you will toss and turn and likely be awake even later than before, at first. It takes time to retrain your sleep patterns.
    -Sometimes, I go to the gym before work and the exercise make me more awake and ready to go. Of course, that means an even earlier start to the day. When you work out at 5am, then 7am doesn't seem so early, LOL.
    -Hydrate during the days. Staying well hydrated makes you feel more energetic and less tired overall.
    -A healthy overall lifestyle makes it easier to get up in the morning. You feel better when you eat well and exercise, which for me translates to better quality sleep, which makes me less tired when it's time to get up.
    -Have everything ready to go the night before. If you are working outside the home, get your clothes, lunch, workout gear, whatever ready the night before. This helps you be more efficient in the morning, which for me, makes me hate getting up less.
    Working at home? Then have a plan, the success of which depends on getting up and starting early. Keeping yourself on a schedule means getting up and getting started.

Some people just aren't morning people but if you have to be, these are the things that help me. Realize that it won't happen overnight (yes, pun intended) though smile

4. jacques.gim profile image61
    jacques.gimposted 7 years ago

Try to set the time 20 minutes faster so real time 6.40 and the alarm at 7.00AM  it does work for me. Please let me know how you go.

5. Dennis Pace profile image61
    Dennis Paceposted 7 years ago

Personal experience: I am 62. always sleep 8 hours or more.  On January 2 2011. I awoke a 5 am.  2 hours earlier than usual.  I started the fire in the wood stove.  And thought to myself.  What is going on.  Why am I awake?  Why do I fee so good?  Almost, 4 weeks later.  I have been sleeping much much less than before.  I also, joined hubpages, so I have been writing more and posting, more on two forums.  Plus I feel good physically, and my mind is flooded with ideas.  the one thing, I did different ,  was on Jan 1,  a friend gave me a drink of kefir ,  and some culture.  I have been making my own kefir and loving it, ever since.     All I can say is , why not try it and let me know if you have the same experience. I t is so simple.

working